Thursday, September 9, 2010

What a drag

For the 3rd time this year I got to ride at Lake Hope on Labor Day.  I had intended to hit all the trails except for Sidewinder.  Intentions...  Ended up skipping Yosemite Ridge and a section of Copperhead though to get out of the woods and back home in time.  Front brake has been dragging ever since I crashed in April.  A good workout to ride with the brakes on.  Picked up the front wheel and spun it, it would turn about 3/4 of the way around.

Well, last night, I loosened the caliper bolts and pulled the brake lever, letting the caliper align itself.  Turns out the lower mount and the upper mount are no longer in line.  Must have tweaked it during the crash.  Three shims latter, the wheel spins free!

I also got in a 3.5 mile run last night.  This is the longest run since Brock was born.  Felt good.  Hopefully the Indian Trail 5K next week wont kick my butt too bad.

No comments: