Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Today is all you got

I lost my brother on Veterans Day in a senseless and random act of violence. He was 33. Although he was young, he was as content with his life as he had ever been. He lived for the day, often giving his time selflessly to anyone that needed it, friends, family, work.

Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

It hurts. I can not begin to know why God allowed this to happen. But, I can find my comfort in that nothing occurs outside the will of God, and therefore understanding is not mine, but rather faith strengthens me. For the Lord rules over our past and future. In times like this, you find this is all you have, and to those who do not know the Grace of God, is may not seem like much. For those that do, this only proves that faith and trust is all you really need. I can not image how hopeless I would feel right now without this.

Today is all you got now...
Today is all you've ever had.


Tomorrow comes and goes. What was true today is not tomorrow. The only absolute truth is in God. The only way to know this truth by trusting in the sacrifice He made through Jesus Christ. By His death, we can live. Today is the day. Do not wait for tomorrow, as it just may not come for us on this earth.

Doug

No comments: