Monday, October 4, 2010

Alexander Alumni Soccer Game

The 2010 edition of the Alexander Alumni Soccer Game was on Saturday.  While I stay pretty fit, this game always hurts some.  Running a 5k in a straight line or biking, even on trails, does not prepare your body for the impacts, turns, and stops of a soccer match.

On top of that, hits and impacts with the ground just hurt a lot more than I remember.  I'll spare you the picture of the strawberry on my back side.  Took a hard hit to the ankle.  No subs means you play through the pain.
While technically my side lost the match, I was able to walk away from the game.  Win?  We'll do it again next year.

More photos of the match here (provided by Mr. Dibenedetto).

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amber said...

AWW MAN. I wish we would have known about that! We would have come to see ya!

DougM said...

Amber, get me your (and Drew's) email address. I will make sure we get you on the alumni list to keep you posted about the game.