Monday, September 17, 2012

Light at the end of the tunnel

Ran, well, drove actually, to Pomeroy on Friday night for some pizza at Fox's and a funnel cake at the Stern-wheeler Regatta.  Stayed home Saturday to get some work around the ole homestead done.  But after my responsibilities were finished on Sunday, I went out for a short ride.  Still not feeling in the racing mood, so I took the d440, in dirt road garb, and set off down some dirt roads that I have never been on before.  Low, there is a covered bridge only about 5 miles from my house.  Had no idea.  This was followed by a crazy gravel road climb (even a sign that said road closed when ice on road) - 9.6% average grade over .6 miles with a max of 17%.

It was a stress relieving ride.

Eakin Mill Covered Bridge
There is light at the end of this tunnel.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: