Monday, March 7, 2016

Project 26

Yes, another Redline. I didn't plan it this way, it just happened. We now have four Redline bikes for myself and my son. Last week (thanks to OMBA) I found an original steel fork for the Monocog 26. My plan with this bike is to set it up to have at my office for dashing to the Farmacy for lunch or riding through Sells Park. Next up are tires. The rear tire is pretty worn out and the front isn't far behind. I need to do some measuring, but I hope that I can fit a set of Surly Extraterrestrial 26 x 2.5" tires in there. I also changed the gearing to 34-18T, should be OK for the mixed riding.

Not the best photo, but you get the idea.
A side note: I bought this bike a year ago from a college student who was a "bike mechanic" (he did in fact work at one of the local shops). He made sure to tell me how well cared for it was since he was a "bike mechanic".  The latest issue (there have been others) I found was that he had installed the front caliper mount upside down (these thing even have the word UP stamped right in to them).

No comments: