Thursday, October 13, 2016

Gentleness

Ah, election season. And like allergy season, it seems to be longer and more painful year by year. Without getting in to political opinions, uninformed thoughts, and the like, I will say that I have found the entire thing discouraging. So instead of adding to the noise, I will leave it with this one thought:

Paul's letter to the Philippians, Chapter 4, verse 5 (NASB):
Let your gentle spirit be known to all men.

With that out of the way, let's move on to more important things: bikes. And to do that, I have to go back, way back, to the summer. So with little narration (warning this will be a picture heavy post)...

RAAM - Race Across America come through Athens each summer, and the riders pass directly in front of my office.
Early morning summer trail ride before work. Mostly I just clear all the spider webs for the rest of the day.
It's Albert Castiglia!
I discovered this small pup, abandoned in a ditch in the middle of nowhere while riding. We came back for him, cleaned him up and found him a home. The kids creatively named him Mr. Puppy Cow. I fail to understand how someone can abandon a helpless pup (vet thought he was about 6 weeks old) with all knowledge that without intervention it would die. Thankfully there were many people willing to take him in.
Eight weeks later, Mr. Puppy Cow is happy, healthy, and growing like crazy!
First day of first grade.
It finally worked out to get a ride with Mr Weswingery on Labor Day. Great weather, great views, windy roads. 
Mountain bike trip to Davis WV.
The view from Beardon Rocks
Burger night at Tip Top!
Morning coffee view from camp along the Blackwater River.
Ah, he is like a little angle.
So this. I forgot my cycling shoes in Athens. Thankfully Blackwater Bikes had a pair of flat pedals. 
Someone left me a message on my truck.
The Hocking River Rumble. My first CX race. Finished 2nd in Masters 35. And, while there were only 2 of us in the class, I did finish ahead of many from the 45 class and only a few seconds behind 1st place. Also, a drop bar 29er SS may not be the best CX racing bike. Fun none the less.

With that, fall is setting in. Soccer season is winding down. Hope you can get outside and enjoy!



No comments: