Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Summer/winter. Where did fall go?

What a difference a few days make.  Last week temperatures were in the 80's, almost hot really.  I managed a trail ride on Thursday for a longish lunch.  Picked up 2 ton of crushed limestone on my way home Friday to fix a couple spots in the driveway (a consequence of a steep, stoned driveway and a teenage driver).  Then the rains came.  Shelly and Ethan went to the varsity boys district final soccer game Saturday so Brock and I hung out at home.  We were playing in the basement when Brock found some artificial flowers.  He proclaimed "fuffies for mommy" (fuffies are flowers), and in a heartbeat the boy was up the stairs and out the front door.  I caught him on the front porch waiting for mommy to get home.  Today we got up to snow/cold/wind.  Not a lot, maybe an inch of wet snow, 32 degrees and a high wind advisory.  I stopped at Starbucks to get a cup of coffee and the customer before me turns and says "Al Gore told us this was going to happen".  Yep.

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: